Atomic X1 Bladefin
Atomic X1 BladeFin deliver ultimate power and raw thrust. Firmer, shorter blades and a solid internal frame are attached to power plate foot pockets providing more control and better maneuverability in tight spaces. X1 Blade Fins are perfect for general diving, tech diving and alternate kicking styles like frog and scissor. Taller foot pockets are great for large boots.
Atomic X1 Bladefin Features
- RIGID LOW-PROFILE SIDE RAILS & SHORTER, STIFFER BLADE Makes turning and pivoting easier. Most fins have taller side rails for tracking and bending strength. The Atomic X1 BladeFin has lower profile rails with less side-to-side resistance that allow you to rotate, spin and turn more efficiently during alternate fin kicks.
- MONOCOQUE STRUCTURE & POWER PLATE Unique structural engineering design is connected to the low-profile rails, efficiently transferring power from the leg and foot to the rails.
ASYMMETRICAL BLADE BEND FLEXING This design attribute is perfect for alternate kicking styles. Scissor kicks, frog-kicking and helicopter turning in tight circles put more emphasis on the up-kick or return stroke. For these kick styles, the X1 provides more feel and control of the fin to maneuver more effectively without folding under heavy load.
- VERTICAL STABILIZERS OR STRAKES Adds stability and lowers drag to keep the fin tracking straight as an arrow. Other fin designs use taller side rails to keep the fin tracking straight. By using strakes to straighten the fin, the X1 BladeFin does not add significant side drag like tall side rails.
- EZ-LOK BUCKLE SYSTEM An Atomic exclusive, our patented buckle system design features easy, one-handed quick release of the buckle from the fin. Re-attachment is simple and secure (U.S. Patent NO. 6,463,640).
- VARIABLE GEOMETRY SPRING HEEL STRAPS Unique rust-resistant Stainless Steel springs are designed with variable pitch geometry for easy stretching, yet resistant to deformation if overstretched. A slight pull on the large finger grip stretches the spring to quickly and easily slide your fins on or off. Available for all Atomic Fins and a Universal retrofit for most other brands.
- WARRANTY & CARE Atomic Aquatics fins are warranted against defects for a period of one year. Keep out of direct sunlight when possible to avoid color fading. Store your fins with the foot pocket inserts in place and in a manner that prevents deforming.